No one would have imagined up to just two years ago that sacrificing an animal on Eid-ul Adha would be a safety concern. Undoubtedly the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the practice of Qurbani which was otherwise performed seamlessly.
How is Qurbani a risk factor during COVID-19?
There are several reasons why attempting the conventional style of Qurbani puts us at greater risk of getting affected with COVID-19 virus:
- Conventional qurbani requires us to visit sellers/suppliers of live animals to choose our animals. Such markets can be a breeding ground for COVID-19.
- We then have to take the animal home, care for it and feed it for a few days. Again if the animal is affected we may cash disease.
- A butcher usually visits our home on one of the three days of Eid to slaughter the animal. Again this can put us at risk of infection as the same butcher offers services at multiple homes.
- Often the animals slaughtered traditionally people visit the neighbors & relatives to share a small portion of meat with them. This again increases the chances of spreading COVID-19.
- As we can see above the conventional style of qurbani puts & our family at high risk of infection. So it is no longer advisable to practice this routine.
The Solution: Safe, Contactless Qurbani
Now, with MEAT-UP teaming up with local sheep and large animal suppliers, butchers & delivery services you can experience a contact-less qurbani. Not only is the whole process of booking online, but the slaughtering also takes place at a MEATUP “safe slaughtering zone” with a waste-disposal system, thus keeping your family safe.
The best part is that the meat of your animal is hygienically packed and delivered to your doorstep.
What are the advantages of contact-less qurbani?
As you can see above contact-less qurbani eliminates the need to go out and meet dealers and butchers or to touch & transport the animal. Similarly, it eliminates the use of paper currency which is the major carrier of disease & you don’t need to get a butcher home. All of this minimizes the chances of spreading the COVID-19 by at least 80%.
Also, the booking & payment is fully online. It is simple and convenient.
Additionally, Meat-Up’s qurbani service has an option for a low-budget qurbani and even Kashmiris living abroad can use this service. To know more about how you can use this service from anywhere in the world click here.
To know the details about the Shariah compliance & how Meat-Up takes care of following all the Islamic guidelines during slaughtering please click here.
To book an animal for Eid-ul Adha 2021 please click the button below.